Call for Volunteer Board Treasurer – Rowing PEI
Rowing PEI is seeking a volunteer to sit on the Board of Directors and serve as Treasurer.
Rowing PEI is the not-for-profit governing body for rowing in Prince Edward Island and one of Atlantic Canada’s most vibrant rowing clubs. Created in 2010, Rowing PEI has been working to grow the sport of rowing for Island adults and youth, supporting both recreational rowing and training for excellence at the regional and national levels.
Rowing PEI offers flatwater rowing, which many are familiar with from the Olympics, as well as coastal rowing, a fast-growing sport that takes advantage of the windy, choppy waters of Charlottetown Harbour. When the winter temperatures push us off the water, we turn to indoor rowing, joining virtual rowing events with rowers from across Canada.
The Treasurer will be joining Rowing PEI at an exciting time. With the Olympics on the horizon and our junior team currently training for the 2022 Canada Games, there is potential to significantly develop and grow the organization.
The Treasurer is responsible for the following:
- Performs financial planning and risk management for Rowing PEI;
- Coordinates and accounts for membership dues and all fundraising activities;
- Records all receipts and disbursements of Rowing PEI;
- Submits an accurate financial statement to the President at the date established by the Board of Directors at year-end and any interim statements as required by the Board of Directors;
- Cooperates with and informs the Board of Directors of major financial matters concerning Rowing PEI;
- Arranges for financial statements to be available to the Board of Directors;
- Prepares and administers yearly budgets and quarterly reviews for the Board of Directors;
- Supports funding applications and reporting;
- Supports and advises short-term and long-term financial planning; and
- Attends regular board meetings (approximately 10/year), AGM and committee meetings, as appropriate.
The Treasurer should bring financial management experience, ideally as an accountant or similar. An interest in sport and/or recreation would be ideal, but is not required.
To be considered for nomination to the Rowing PEI Board of Directors, please submit a letter of interest and biography or resume to the Present of Rowing PEI, Sparrow McGowan at email@example.com. Any enquiries can be directed similarly. The position is currently vacant and will be open until filled.
To learn more about Rowing PEI, please visit our website at www.rowingpei.ca or facebook.com/RowingPEI.